Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Twenty Weeks

I cannot believe that we are at 20 weeks already!  I really hope the next few months go by just as fast as the first few!

We had our monthly appointment with our perinatologist, Dr. Rinehart, this morning.  We also see our OB once a month, but they alternate appointments so that we see someone every two weeks.  I look forward to the appointments at Dr. Rinehart's office the most because that is when we get to really see the boys, given that the technology is so much better.

They are really starting to look like babies now, even though they are still tiny.  Today they both weighed approximately 12 ounces, so they weigh as much as a can of Diet Coke or Dr. Pepper, depending on which one of us you ask.  Their head to rump measurement is about length of a dollar bill and you could easily hold them in the palm of your hand.  

At the perinatologist they don't do an overall measurement that gives you how many days and weeks they are measuring.  Instead they measure all the individual parts of the body and take an average.  For instance baby A's head is measuring at 21 weeks (one week ahead,) but other parts of his body are measuring between 20 weeks and 20 weeks 5 days.  So overall both babies are right on track.  Dr. R told us that this is one place where you want them to be as average as possible!  He also said they couldn't be more perfect.  They are a textbook case of what you want to see and that makes their mom and dad very happy!

Now for the pictures.  I can already tell you that our boys are not morning people.  I rarely feel any movement from them until about 9 or 10 am, although they love to kick me all afternoon and late into the evening!  With that said, our appointment this morning must have been too early for them because shortly after it began they BOTH turned and faced my spine!  Therefore, we got lots of pictures of the back of their heads.  Baby B is on the left side of my body with his head down and Baby A is on the right.  They are laying perfectly parallel to each other and I'm pretty sure they were smacking each other most of the appointment!  :)
Both babies' heads from the top
The back of Baby A's head
Baby B's profile, unfortunately this was a little blurry because Baby B never stops moving!

Baby B looking at the camera and waving before he rolled over to hide
Both babies' feet
Honestly, the photos from the sonograms do not do it justice.  It's so cool to see them moving around and looking like real babies now.  Their movements are much more fluid and they are doing normal baby things.  It looked like Baby A was grabbing his foot at one point and Baby B was rubbing his face.  They were both squirming a lot and have been very active lately.  The next thing I am looking forward to is for Ross to be able to feel their kicks!

We are so amazingly blessed with these two.  I cry through almost every sonogram and I am so thankful that God gave us the gift of two healthy boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.