Thursday, July 5, 2012

Twenty Four Weeks


Today was my favorite day of the month, our appointment with the perinatologist.  The boys have been so active lately.  I originally could only feel them move a few times a day and now it seems like one of them is always awake and on the move!  I was excited to see how much they've grown and changed, especially since they are freaking me out with all this weight gain lately!  We are all definitely growing!  Oh and the swelling!  It’s almost amazing how bad it is.  We are way past kankles.  Basically my ankles are as wide as my knee and I can’t wear a single pair of shoes that I own.  I’m left with flip flops or loose sandals.  There doesn't seem to be much I can do about this other than drink more water, (seems counter intuitive, but it helps) decrease my salt intake, and spend more time in the pool.  Apparently the heat and the humidity play a huge roll in the swelling and that’s contributing to my weight gain as well.  Dr.Rinehart basically told me “You live in Texas, it’s July and you’re having twins.”  Not much more to say!

The twins have moved around a lot since our last appointment and now I am not 100% sure who has been doing the majority of the kicking.  I still think it’s Baby B who is our wild child.  I seriously think he was trying to keep pace with the music when we saw Brave yesterday and he basically kicked the entire movie.  They are now the position that my friend Troice calls “bunkbeds” with Twin A lying horizontally on the bottom and Twin B lying across the top.  They are also feet to head now, literally.  There is a picture below of Twin B resting his feet on top of A’s head.  :)  The boys have a membrane between them, but it’s thin and they still knock each other around.  Another new development is that Twin B now has his head wedged up underneath my rib cage on my right side.  I originally thought this was Twin A pushing my ribs with his feet so I was surprised to find out that it’s B’s head, or hands I guess.

What I wasn’t surprised about is that these two have more than doubled in size over the past 4 weeks.  Twin A or ‘J’, as I’ll try to call him from here on out, now weighs 1 pound 9 ounces.  He’s measuring 6 days ahead and is the 97th percentile!  This can be taken with a grain of salt until the babies are born, but basically he’s doing great.  He decided to lay facing my backbone once again, so we still have not seen this little guy’s profile!  The nurse did manage to get a shot of his face after trying for quite awhile, but it’s hard to see.  He’s apparently a little camera shy. 

Twin B or ‘C’ is definitely not camera shy.  I wish so much I could figure out how to get the video on here, because it looks like he was looking directly at the camera and singing!  Seriously, he kept opening and closing his mouth in a way that made you think he actually knew what he was doing!  C is 1 pound 10 ounces and measuring 5 days ahead.  I’m confused by the reasoning behind C being bigger, yet measuring 1 day behind J.  I think this is mainly because J’s head is bigger and has been every time.  C is in the 100th percentile and there’s about a 3% size difference between the boys, which is good!  No one is getting left behind.  They’ve been extremely close together every time we’ve seen them and their heartbeats are even in sync most of the time.  They’ve really got me wondering if they are identical or fraternal?  I cannot wait to meet them and see their little personalities!  I wonder if they’ll be the same after their born?  Only time will tell!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.