Saturday, August 11, 2012

Twenty Nine Weeks & Preeclampsia

On Tuesday August 7th, I was officially diagnosed with Preeclampsia instead of just pregnancy induced high blood pressure.  Preeclampsia appears in about 25% of first time pregnancies and it's very common with multiples.  It wasn't surprising that I ended up with it, but it was surprising to me that it happened so soon.  The symptoms I've had thus far are: swelling, high blood pressure, urine protein and headaches.
The good thing is that we caught this right at the official onset and I'm already in the hospital on bed rest so we're hoping it can be controled.  Here's a link below explaining more about preeclampsia:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001900/
I want to thank all of our wonderful friends for the thoughts, prayers and visitations.  At first I was hesitant about having people come visit, but now it's definitely the highlight of my day!  I am so lucky to have such awesome caring friends!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.