Monday, May 28, 2012

Twelve Weeks - NT Scan

Given our previous medical history, our IVF history and the fact that we're having twins we are lucky enough to get to see a Maternal Fetal Specialist once a month. I say lucky enough, because I absolutely love going to these appointments. The technology is amazing and they let us sit there and watch the babies move around for awhile. We got a DVD of the session and if I can figure out how to upload the video at some point I will. This was an incredible experience. They were finally starting to look like babies, jumping around and kicking each other. I cried during half of the appointment! They couldn't have given us a better view they way they were sitting looking at each other!

Both babies were exactly the same size and had the same heart rate. They have had the same heart rate every time we've been to the doctor, but this is where I started to get the suspicion that we may be having two of a kind. The old wives tale says that girls have higher heartbeats and I hadn't been sick, so I started to think we were having two girls. Ross on the other hand decided that it was one boy and one girl.


We received the official results back from our NT scan about 3 days later and they couldn't have been better! We had a chance of less than 1 in 10,000 of having any of the syndromes that the NT scan tests for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.